Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Before The Big Bang

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Matt Abbott/">Matt Abbott on May 15, 1998 20:37:57 UTC

That's obsurd. Even if he did do the math to "prove" the Big Bang, it still doesn't prove that something arose from nothing. There is no way we can take nothing and suddenly turn it into a beautiful universe. I bet this professor (not Kaku whom I greatly respect) does a lot of beating-around-the-bush in his book/articles. The big Bang may be true, but wher did this exploded ball of GAS come from? You cannot get something from nothing no matter how many times you add 1 + 1.

Matt Abbott

: : : : on Art Bell Show this morning theoretical physicist from CUNY named Michio Kaku said there is now a theory on what happened prior to big bang.....he said the big bang came out of "nothing" and that there is a physicist who has done the mathematics to prove this....he said theoretically you could initiate a big bang in your basement however it would be the equivalent of an H bomb.....he compared the big bang to the bubbles that occur when you boil water.....he said these big bangs are going on all the time all over the universe

: : Actually, I read about this in a book not relating : : to Kaku. The theory of big bang from nothing : : is based on the uncertainty theory.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins