Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Sure, I'll Join It Too.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by wem/">wem on April 24, 1998 08:34:11 UTC

: : It is my belief that black holes are the begining and the end of large areas of the universe, but when viewed in the perspective of and infinite distance in all possible directions, can be viewed as a small but important piece of the machinary. : : I go on to say that if the universe is in fact infinite, then there is an infinite and constantly changing number of an infinite variety of possibilities at and point. UH, that is if there is such a thing as a point (HA! HA!). : : Anyway, if we are not wiped out instantly by a black hole the size of our known universes bounderies speeding toward it's compliment and engulfing us, and you are interested in discussion, e-mail me and let me pick your processor. : : Thanks, Billy (Caveman)

: Ok, I'll join this little conversation. First let me explain that i am an 18 year old student out of Texas. I believe that matter is finite as stated by one of you earlier. However, I also believe that matter will be condensed at one time and thus explains the big bang. Galaxies are slowly pulling towards eachother and we have pictures of 2 of them colliding. I believe that this explains how the fact that matter will at one time be condensed. Now, keep in mind that this is coming from an 18 year old that is interested in forming his own theories based on what he knows. However, i believe that this only backs up the fact of big bang. Someone tell me if i am out of my league in this conversation...I will be back to see future comments on this.

Everything has a limit, as far as matter goes, except for nothingness (the space of the universe), you stated that matter is infinite? Or was that a typo? Anyway, if matter were infinite, how could you possibly gather it all up in one time and place? Yes, I believe in some form of big bang sequence, and I would imagine there are several different ways big bangs could happen, gallaxies colliding, bigger explosions as black holes collide, it probably would be a strange one if a black hole and an extreamly young/dense galaxy meet head on and the black hole was not big or powerful enough to absorb it, many many other situations could occur to cause different variations of new formations/galaxies... Another interesting situation might be if you had a black hole speeding toward another huge black hole, to see its ripping or pulling effect that it has on the systems/galaxies it passes but is not close enough to, or big enough to pull it in. Other ideas which are currently only speculative are; if space is infinite and matter is finite(as I believe), just how far out is matter spread out in it, or is it so spead out that it is impossible to ever explore it all, and if we ever did, would anything be the same as we left it because of the distance and time involed in exploring it. Basically, the only real way to ensure the constant buildup of information would be to have many flagships which carry storage computer banks, which meet at specific times and places to exchange and build upon the new information so that each has a record Backup) in the event of destuction... Another good one is that if matter were confined to a small area of distance, them possibly we might discover all the secrets of the universe in a much shorter amount of time, if we survive. Okay I'm done rambling, any of these seem interesting of plausable to you? Kick,em around awhile, I don't get to a computer everyday either! Later, Billy.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins