Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: HOW FAR IS THE CLOSEST BLACK HOLE FROM EARTH?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Raymond Reed/">Raymond Reed on March 19, 1998 00:58:14 UTC

: : : : : Can someone kindly tell me how far the closest Black Hole is from the Earth? Does it move? If it does, how fast? In what direction?........many thanks!!!! Please e-mail me!!!!

: : The first black hole discoverd is 14,000 light years from the earth and is called Cygnas X-i : : Hades is the nearest black hole to earth and it : : is near the star ,Veda. Sorry I do not know how close it is. : : For more info on black holes I suggest reading : : Black Holes and Time Warps,Einteins out ragious legacy. wtih aforward by steven Hawking. : : It is written by Kip S. Thone.

: Uhh, Black Holes are currently only a theory and are unproved. There is no such thing as a "closest black hole to earth", because science has yet to prove (or disprove) that black holes : actually exist. Astronomers have found evidence of black holes and physicists have proven their existence possible and likely. But no one has actually spotted one. The most likely candidate is Cygnus X-1. Black holes do move though how fast is uncertain. The expansion of the universe dictates their speed. They do however, rotate on their own. That speed is varied with each hole. They may also move through space by attraction to other massive objects/singularities.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins