Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Black Holes Spinning

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by matt on March 13, 1998 00:09:49 UTC

: : : : : : I am looking for information on using the spin of a black : : : : as a enery source. Is there any books, papers, web sites : : : : that anyone would suggest to get some further infomation.

: : : Black Holes don't spin! There aren't any!

: : And what evidence do you base that on? Do you think that just because something has never been observed that it doesn't exist? Much of what we know about the universe, especially particle physics, is based on theories and mathematics. True, black holes have not been proven to exist, but most scientists believe that they probably exist, or at least that their existence is possible within the realm of what we already know.

: : : : I probably wouldn't take my word on it, but I'm not sure that it would be possible to use the spin of black holes as an energy source. Wouldn't any energy that is produced be pulled right back in? Also, we wouldn't be able to place any equipment near the vicinity of a black hole, b/c 1.)the pull is so strong that anything would automatically pulled in, and 2.)the area of space surrounding a black hole is so dense, that nothing could withstand the pressures involved, it would immediately be crushed. However, if you have some inormation to the contrary,or are able to find anything that answers your question, I would be really interested in reading it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins