Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Hole Pump?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Fred Weems on September 3, 2014 21:13:49 UTC

The article in the October 2014 issue of Astronomy Everything You Know About Black Holes Might Be Wrong has some really beautiful artistic efforts. The one on page 24 showing the Anatomy of Black Holes is so striking, and it gave me an idea. The black hole depicted so nicely looks a lot to me like a pump. Stuff comes in through the accretion disk, and is shot out in the relativistic jets.
Could it be nature's way of accelerating matter to light speed? Not possible, of course, unless the matter is converted to light via Einstein's E= MCsquared process. Might it be that matter/energy is thus conserved, and efficiently spread out into the emptiness of space?
I ask out of humble ignorance.

Fred Weems

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins