Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
BlackHoles-or-Black "Stars"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Craig S on May 9, 2007 22:39:22 UTC

It is my respectful opinion that black holes are not truly holes, but are indeed stars. I believe that since black holes, neutron stars, and pulsars are basically the same, that they are super dense stars with a small size and extremely high gravity and mass. Neutron stars and pulsars are visible, pulsars and black holes are capable of emitting high frequency jets, and all spin, usually. It is my opinion however that neutron stars and pulsars branch off the stellar life cycle at the same point and that black holes are just higher mass and gravity. If black holes had a high enough gravity, making them black holes to begin with, then they should be capable,in my opinion, gravitationally pull matter towards them with a high enough speed that the light from the matter being emitted cannot be seen because the matter emitting the light would be pulled away from a point in space before it could emit light at that point in space, stopping it from emitting light. But that poses problems. How could they be completely invisible unless they are able to warp space-time? I didn't like the idea of a STAR warping space-time, but that seems to be the only idea I can come up with. (I do however believe warping space-time is possible. F.Y.I.) Please leave your thoughts here for discussion. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins