Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Believe You Are Thinking About These The Wrong Way.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bob DeWitte on November 14, 2006 19:49:39 UTC

Simply put a black hole is the most dense part of our universe. So the question to ask is not quantities of mass and volume, but how can something possibly get this dense? So I will give you my explination. As some of you may know according to the big bang theory all atoms started as Hydrogen, in stars such as our sun Hydrogen is being turned into Helium, which has a higher density. In time however, elements can be created all the way up to Iron with an atomic number of 26. So with any star can produce atoms with 26 protons in its nucleus. After a star accumulates too much iron its density is too high and it has no more fuel left so it collapses. When the larger stars go Supernova is when we recieve the rest of the periodic table. These elements are formed then because of the abundance of energy. So even with the help of man we only have atoms that have 113 protons in the nucleus. Heres the explination of black holes: We are getting elements with more protons than we could have though possible. There is enough pressure and energy to create atoms with much more than 113 protons. These are obviously going to be more dense especially if they are stripped of their electrons. (this is where I need help in my explination) But to my understanding IF the new elements collapse fast enough there wont be room for electrons and the electrons will be what make up the electromagnetic cloud around the black hole, in theory one gigantic atom. This would also explain the giant rays of energy collected through X ray telescopes. All the energy must escape somehow and the fusion behind all this, the energy released.... it would be incredible. almost as incredible as these http://cta-www.harvard.edu/seuforum/bh_reallyexist.htm#

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins