Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Light Speed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H Nguyen/">H Nguyen on March 11, 1998 03:55:32 UTC

: I have a question concerning light speed. We all know that visible light is simply a part of the electromagnetic wave which includes gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, radio waves, and electricity (Idont know if I covered them all, but you get the idea). Now, I was wondering if anyone knows if the speed of light applies to all of the electromagnetic wave, or just visible light? And if only to light, then would not the rays with a higher wavelength travel faster than light? Just a thought.

I was wondering if you could give me a detailed explaination on what the techniques are for measuring the speed of light, and would it be possible to include graphs and charts?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins