Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Beginner Quantum

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on January 29, 2005 15:38:15 UTC

We can determine some things from a logical progression.

As I progress from a galaxy to a neutron the proportion of mass in the form of wave, field and momentum energy increases and the proportion of mass as “solids” decreases.
If this process continues as smaller and smaller objects are discovered there may be no solid mass at all but only the calculated rest mass of a constrained wave form.

If this is the case there is a wave length beyond which the energy can not be compressed.

Also by definition Quantum defines a step function and a minimum distance.
A minimum distance would predict a minimum volume which in turn would cause a maximum density for any mass quantity.

The quantum theory predicts that the there is a minimum distance the earth may move and all distances the earth moves are multiples of that distance.

Of course for practical purposes this minimum distance is so small that it may be ignored except when considering quantum theory.

Although quantum theory may be complicated, the basic logic can be grasp quite easily.
It has been my perception that expectance of quantum theory is the most difficult, as it goes against the common day to day experience.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins