Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wrong Si Fi

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 24, 2004 21:23:39 UTC

***Just collected light from stars allows you to see billions of years in the past. But you cannot go their***

The faster then light fiction I was referring to went something like this. If my time slows as I approach the speed of light and my physical body flattens to two dimensions. Increase in speed would cause my body to mirror and start running backward. Slowing would cause a reverse of the mirror and I, not the galaxy have reverted to a previous time in my life ... err a younger age physically?

***What we measure say with iron filings does exist just as a gravity field does exist. But here there is no corresponding particle that exists. Besides such static fields are not eigenfunctions.***

(This helped - you are saying that the particle is actually a wave which sometimes exhibits particle properties. If this is what you are saying I would agree with it.)

***No way. Show me the reference***

(De Broglies’ wave/particle equation is from a physics book I have, “Principals of Physics” by Frederick J.Bueche Fifth edition page 605, “ Louis de Broglie was the first to seriously propose the dual nature of the electron” it states he did this in 1923.
Page 606 contains his formula.
De Borglie wavelength = h / p where p is the momentum of the particle and h is Plank’s constant.
The wave length of any particle from an electron to the earth can be calculated if the momentum is known and the particle momentum of any wave can be determined if the wavelength is known.

Because I was considering the mass of a particle to be constant the momentum (velocity x mass) would only change with velocity and therefore the particle wave length would only change with velocity.

I am not going to type the entire text, and I only have a book. If you need a copy I can scan it and send a page to you by email if you provide one.)

***Yes, the force is the information***

( I think you said that your theory contained 6 dimensions.
If gravity is transferred through normal space it dissipates with the square of the distance.
This is commonly related to the surface area of a sphere in 3D.
So the distance must be transferred.
Also there is a 3D directional vector between the two objects which experiences gravity and the quantity of mass which must be transferred for gravity to have all the information it requires.
You have not added enough dimensions to convey all this information have you?
Or are you considering 7 dimensions. 4 normal and 3 more to handle the information transfer.
I omitted a second time dimension addition because you said no time passed in your alternate dimensional communication link.
I also assumed you could not use any of the normal dimensions for your communication because information travel in normal space has a velocity limit of the speed of light.)

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins