Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dear Yanniru

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jnan R. Saha on September 16, 2004 20:19:04 UTC

I do not claim to have any advanced knowledge of astronomy or astrophysics. More than 50 years ago when I was a high school student I learned about big bang and Einsteins e=mc**2 without knowing any equations and respected Einstein as near God. And also calculated that after a big bang the Universe could get born in a few minutes at light speed . The formula I used to calculate the radius of the "THING" from which big bang would occur was the formula of the mass of a sphere.
M=4/3(pi)r**3(rho)
M=10**54 gms
rho=2X10**17 gms
Whatever value you get divide by the speed of light and I got my time. At that time I had no idea about sigularity, radius etc.
Then in 1997 Jan 4 in Science Section an article appeared about black hole.My beliefs for about 50 years were shattered. I found out that most astrophysicists believe in ininity, like singularities having infinite density.
But all my life and still believe that "IFINITY"
is only an abstract concept and does not exist in physical universe.With my belief, I wrote to about 300 people in the field and they thought I was a nut case.
By the way I am a molecular biologist not a nut and have working knowledge in phyics, chemistry, mathematics. My name is Jnan Saha originally from Bangladesh. I have knowledge of Sanskrit and do not know what saha means in Sanskrit. But I know what "jnan" is

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins