Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Singularities Do Not Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 31, 2004 12:24:02 UTC

Jnan,

I agree with that, but disagree that new stars can be made from material removed from black holes by the presence of other black holes.

New stars may be made by the processes studied by Hoyle and Narriker of continuous creation cosmology fame. They have more recently refined their theories to claim that continuous creation cannot happen everywhere but only where covariance breaks down, like at the center of a black hole. They claim that newly created matter shoots out of spinning black holes along the axis of symmetry, and new stars can be formed from this matter.

Jets of matter are observed from locations where black holes are presumed to exist. The fact that there are two jets going in opposite directions is used to identify the source as a black hole rather than the colescing of radiation from a spinning cluster of stars.

However, what has not been proven is that the jets are composed of newly created matter.

Finally, I must comment on the similarity of our screen names, both being contractions of our real names. My last name was Yannopoulos-Ruquist before I lost the Yannopoulos in a divorce. That contracts to yanniru which means the light of wisdom in sanskrit. I do not claim to be the light of wisdom, but I like the idea of what it means.

So jnansaha must be some other kind of wisdom in sanskrit. Do you know what saha means in sanskrit?

Richard aka yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins