Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
WHO IS J - Secretary/Clerk - RAWSON, Anyway?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kent Benjamin Robertson on July 6, 2004 01:48:29 UTC

http:www.astronomy.net/forums/blackholes/messages/'64
Current Title:
WHO IS J - Secretary/Clerk RAWSON, anyway?

Poster: Kent Benjamin Robertson
5 July 04
Dear Mr. J Rawson, aka 'Clerk' and 'Secretary'. Please pardon my previous misspellings of your name.
Thanking you once again for providing the truly impressive list of 'updates' in physical science. Hope you don't mind my having taken the liberty of posting your generous and unexpected information, as above; an unarguably valuable contribution to readers of this forum.

I wish to thank you also on behalf of several people who have already taken an interest in any number of the titles and authors listed in your eleven page provision.
Although we did interact on an Astronomy Net Forum not long ago, I did not learn your email address in what dialogue passed between us, as you may recall, while a skunk fight between myself and several others (certainly not including yourself) was unfolding, in the middle of what was supposed to be a science forum.

The opposition's loathesome profanity and 'flaming' resulted in what I presume to have been the AstroNet Administration's (quite understandable) removal of the entire imbroglio. Which did not in fact, belong in a science forum, though my 'opposition' has an internet documented history of similar, 'inappropriate' - 'off topic' - intrusions on my efforts to subject issues of science. ('Everybody knows! It's all over the net!' - Brian Quirk Carpette )

Having so reviewed the fairly recent past, with a few transmissions passing between yourself and I, your last email was a pleasant surprise - that being the eleven page list, which, as you can see, since I didn't know how to reach you for your approval of passing it on, I did so, with hopes that you might be complimented and not put off.
There are several people on the net, in my limited experience, who share your interests and perhaps parallel your, uhhm, vigor.

You may be more familiar with such people than I, whereas, one David Sicks, a residential Alaskan aviator has shown a sincere interest in your work and your perspective of the work of any number of other real or imagined contributor's to science, and for that matter, humanity.
Mr. D. Sicks, who doesn't mind being called six in longhand or the numerical 6, recently contacted me and asked for your email address. Causing me to realize for the first time that I don't know your email address.
Question:
Will you please transmit just a few lines to franklin_6@msn.com (Mr. David Sicks.), perhaps including this letter from myself to you, asking you to provide your email address; allowing Six to send you, what I think are several genuinely sincere and worthy questions of import, regarding the eleven pages of information you troubled to honor me with, which I have indeed forwarded to Mr. Six, as well as posted - hopefully by your leave, sir - here in this forum.

If this is okay with you, I would be honored to share - at your discretion and that of Mr. David Six - what further communications may result.

I remain gratefully and respectfully wishing best regards to You and Yours.
- Kent Benjamin Robertson

By selecting "Post" below you claim authorship of your content,
but give permission to Astronomy Net to archive and display your message.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins