Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Coool !

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on June 5, 2004 19:05:35 UTC

Yes, it sounds like you may be onto something. You most certainly will need someone with great knowledge and experience as it seems you have your work cut our for you. The possible implications here will apply to many more fields than one can invision. It seems your answers lie at the atomic level where we encounter what I refer to as a "fuzzy level" of physics. I've been questioned quite a bit on the use of that term, but I don't think there is a finite point where general physics is no longer valid and quantum physics must take over. I see you've stated that you know both theorys will have to work somehow "in tandum".
I'd have to study long to be on a level with you; the population relaxation, dephasing and the magnetic resonations, etc... I understand that kind of stuff, but I wonder if you'll encounter any stumbling blocks here where you enter the quantum realm. I'm not covinced that an electron is a "Particle". It seems experiments are showing to be "a congeiled point of energy". NOTE: this may explain the wave/particle dualality problem with the photon. Can a nuculis be excited?? I/We know the electron can be and it will release it's excess energy apon jumping to a lower orbit. I may be concieving this incorrectly, but I think the nucleus is too stable unless you add an additional nucleon and thats another process entirely. let me know if you think I'm going at that from the wrong angle.
I wonder if something I'm reading currently might add to your base knowledge. The title is "RADIATION and RADIOACTIVITY" on earth and beyond. By Ivan G. Draganic', Zorica D. Draganic' and Jean-Pieere Adloff. Since I can't fully apprecieate your requirments I can only hope some sections may be of help. Chapter 4, in particular, deals with "The Chemicl Aspects of Nuclear Processes". The topics are things like, "Nuclear Recoil" and "Electron Capture and Internal Conversions". Other chapters include "Atomic structure", "Inside the Nucleus" and "Isotopes". You could assertain which chapters don't apply to your applications.
Good Luck and I hope to here from you concerning your progress.
L8R
--"After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules".--

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins