Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Singularities Can Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gfjhgvfgb on June 4, 2004 19:08:29 UTC

You thunk that once a theory has a singularity then it must be wrong,don't you?The question I want to ask you is WHY?Actually the truth is that-THERE IS NO PHYSICAL LAW STATING THAT SINGULARITIES CAN'T EXIST YET.SST or LQG or some other TOE(if someone manages to make one)could get rid of singularity,but such a complete and working theory does not exist YET.When this theory is ready and it is working perfectly then we will be discussing the singularity problem in its light,but THERE IS NO SUCH THEORY YET.It seems that the problem that bothers you is infinity.Let me remind you that we get the infinity via GR-a complete and tested theory that is working.You think that when a theory gets an infinity this means that it has failed.But the question is WHY-if this infinity does not contradict another theory or some real life physical phenomenon than why doesn't it exist?There is no reason why.The GR infinity is not like the QED infinity.I'm not talking about particles here.I've never said that the singularity is a particle or it has to do anything with matter.What I say is why don't infinities exist.There is NO LAW,NO PHYSICS forbidding that at least untill TOE or some other theory that gets rid of infinities appear.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins