Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fundamental Split.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on May 30, 2004 18:44:01 UTC

The split between these two ideologies? I think I know what you mean. Does subscribing to SuperString Theory put "me" on one side of that fence? It seem so.
I used to think of the "Fabric Of Space" as being deformed, if you will, and nearby objects "sort of" falling into "the path of least resistance". But S.S.T. requires the "Gravitron", very massive. Well beyond our ability to focus that many particles on a single one to create those kinds of masses. It would take a collider light years long. This has caused me to look another direction for the force holding things together. There is a requirment for a particle here, almost massless, but at "c", very heavy. Some exchange is going on. Electromagnetic of sorts.
This would seem to go hand in hand somehow with the wave/duality problem. Are things electromagnetic particles or waves of energy. Well energy represents mass; theres a connection here to be pondered. Perhaps were seeing both. Perhaps the particles come in waves, like water molicules coming at you as waves.
S.S.T. should solve this soon. I hope before I'm gone. I'm 49 with problems of my own that take my time at a faster pace then I'd like.
L8R
--"After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules".--

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins