Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
String Theory Cont.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on May 29, 2004 19:51:11 UTC

I'm very pleased to hear of your intrest. Conceptual abilitys can go much farther than the ability to do equations. Even Einstein approached his colleages for some equasional assistance. I wish I knew someone with that ability to help me build on my concepual questions.
There is a lot out there to be read up on. I'm currently about 2/3 the way thru Brian Greene's " The Elegant Universe". I've read 2 by Hawking, 1 by Rees(i don't remember the first name). I recently finished an excellent one by David Bodanis, titled "E=mc2, A biography of the world's most famous equation". I insist you find a copy at the library. :) It's only 219 pages but It contains invaluable information about what has put you at your computer today.Page 75 describes the first meeting between Einstein and Marie Curie. He thought she was unfriendly. It turned out the radium she carried on her cloths and belongings for so long was making her ill. She just didn't feel good when they met.
Anyhow,- - - The strings vibrate in an "almost" infinit number of directions. SuperString Theory, (sst) from here on, Does away with the infinity problem here by proposing that exactly opposite vibrational patterns will cancell out. As to what starts or keeps the vibrational patterns going, I'm not sure yet; I'm still on the learning curve there. I don't think it's set forth as a "Gravity" thing. My mind starts to reel at this conceptual level. You may be able to pin it down and explain it to me.
You may have noticed my closing signature. That is a theoreticle statement of my own. It's implications are "VAST". Gravity is quite a cunundrum. We must approach gravity from a new direction. You must remove yourself from the source. Let's pretend. If your in a closed vessel, with no windows and no reference to up or down. Out in space equally distant from gravitational holes. Your weightless. Are you standing still? Yes?/No? How bout both? Of course, your moving with the cosmos, you must be ,right? But it cretainly feels to you that your still. Now if you suddenly approach a gravitational field, you fall. Let's think about this. If your supported "above" said gravitational mass, you would "Feel" which way is down. You don't need windows to tell which way is down - - - - Not. If your support cable is suddenly cut, you fall, quickly, and your slamed to the ceiling during the desent. The "gravity" pulls harder the closer you get, consequently the faster you fall and the more your pinned to the ceiling. But without your "Framework", your reference points, "Your Windows", what the hech has happened? Has the gravity field suddenly moved to the other side of your vessel or what.
Einstein simply said that "All observers must see the same laws, "NOT" the same results. Gravity, boy,- - reach out and touch someone. The farthest galaxy from us pulls on us, just a little.
Gravity holds the nucleus together. That electromagnetic field keeps the electron in it's grasp. Atoms are drawn together by it. once enough atoms are in one place we have molicules and general relitivity takes over in the macro world. The strenth of gravity can bend light rays. During an eclipse, with the proper equpment, you can see stars that are acually behind the edge of the suns disk!
Wel thats well enough for now. My brain hurts. :)
L8R BettysFetish.
--"After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules".--

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins