Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Till Death Do Us Part.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on May 29, 2004 00:46:50 UTC

Whoa- - - Thats Heavy.
You must give Hawking a chance my friend. As well as Martin Rees, who is head of his dept. at Cambridge, Or Brian Green, author of "The Elegant Universe. It's quite obvious that black holes radiate energy thru quantum tunneling. This energy is recycled thru the universe. To claim "all" these gentelmen are wrong is "Quite Bold" to say the least. ---- to the point at hand; we already know at what aproximate energys these masses will be created. What will happen if that energy level is attained? All matter will begin pouring into the hole at the speed of light. No one at the facility will be aware of anything and unsuspecting victims in Asia will be consumed in about 8/10 of a second later, as the central point of the disturbance will accumulate mass equally from all points. It won't take the time to "Go Around The World."
To close things, What to do to prevent this disaster is a moot point. At the speed of light, you tell me, what are you going to have time to do? Heres one for you. You must admit that this endevour will not occure for a very,very long time. If by then we have mastered SuperString Theory then a time machine of sorts should be available. This device if intigrated into the hardware could be programed to take over, at the speed of light, to reverse the results before complition of the test. So there. What do you think? I just saved your Language Removed :). I say that with humor, hope you arn't offended.
L8R
"After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins