Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Positive Reply.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on May 28, 2004 19:01:18 UTC

I too was skepticle. But after a closer study I am now very intriuqed. It offers many quite plausible theorys. SuperString theory bridges the "Fuzzy" gap between general and special relitivity. It requires a "graviton" with spin 2 properties, and I'm not fully grasping "what" that means, but it's important. The theory "Requires Gravity." You simply must read up on Einstein's proposals. He may finally be vindicated. Even he said his theory on special relitivity was a blunder, and died believing so. Now, after more than 40 years since his death, we have a concept as to what is happening with gravity. He was right on "Both" theorys. SuperString Theory even can explain the wave/particle duelality problem. If that doesn't seem familier then highlite "wave/duelality" and post it on your search bar and read up. It still upholds "c" as the fastest we'll ever go. You need to seek out someone that knows more than me for finer details because I just began studying this field about 4 or 5 months ago and am still a novice, but learning quickly.
The point particle theory you refer to was my opinion untill only a year ago. Now vast ideas come to me. If an "atom" were enlarged to the size of our "solar system" then a "string" might range in length somewhere between the height of the tallest redwood tree to perhaps the height of Mt. Everest. "That" my friend is tiny. Current estimates on particles in the universe(and i might be off here) is 10(80). Should String Theory prove out this number could jump to 10(90) of more. At this length, The Plank Length, and under, these strings are perfectly capable of amassing into perfectly smooth "particles", if you will. But look deeper. I understand now how there can be 10 dimentions. 3 of which we live in plus 6 "curled up dimentions"(you'll have to read up on that on your own time,and I recomend it) plus "TIME." The 4th dimention we feel, but the 10th altogether. It really makes sense. Please don't shun it till you've examined it closer.
I hope to hear from you.
L8R
After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins