Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Holes At LHC/ Future Super Colliders?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Josh Vizanko on March 3, 2004 10:29:00 UTC

I found an interesting site the other day that explains the possible risks involved with super colliders producing miniature black holes (if Stephen Hawking radiation is wrong of course)

http://www.risk-evaluation-forum.org/

I was wondering if this is a lot of BS, and if not, what is the necessary energy to have two colliding particles produce an actual black hole, and what amount would it take to produce one that could be stable for say, a few seconds. Also, any information about actual debates on this topic would be greatly appreciated. (this website I found clearly states that they have taken place regarding new, more powerful super colliders in the past)

Fellow nerd,

Josh Vizanko

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if you removed Q and R.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins