Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Holes Are Never Spherical

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alan Collinge on November 26, 2003 22:37:48 UTC

Hi. I am a former scientist of aeronautics at Caltech.

I've been thinking about blackholes for quite some time now.

One cannot strictly adhere to Einsteins predictions for black holes as being accurate physical descriptions of what black holes really are.
Black holes, As I understand them to be, are nothing more than vortices through which matter passes. The photos (not simulations) I have seen show this fairly clearly, although admittedley, I have not looked more than passingly at the available photographic data.

Every image of a black hole that I have seen clearly show an inflow area, and an outflow area. Thus, My proposition is that THERE ARE NO SPHERICAL BLACK HOLES in reality, and that blackholes can merely be likened to giant WHIRLPOOLS IN SPACE. The forces which cause black holes to form are the subjects of other discussions, but I will say weakly that I doubt highly the proposition that collapsing stars form black holes. The fact that black holes are commonly observed near the centers of Galaxies offers ample support for my claim.

Comments very welcome. I am eager to find observational evidence (not simulated) that refutes my claims. Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins