Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Shannon Paradox Re(in)stated

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Elihu Shannon on August 27, 2003 18:47:49 UTC

You are restating my paradox, which I stated about 36 yrs ago, and challenges the very existence of black holes. Because, if they attract by use of gravity waves, then surely the waves can't get out of the hole - and so the black hole will never be felt by anyone outside!
I have asked astronomers over the years if the paradox has been resolved and the only answer I ever get is that when they find the black holes I will be proved wrong!
So if the new work of Fomalont and Kopeikin find that the waves are indeed affected by gravity fields, then they are a step towards proving me right.
Would love to get e-mail on subject: shannon@saad.org.il

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins