Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
De Sitter Type Radiation Fills The Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by B. Howard on June 30, 2003 18:23:58 UTC

Here is my mental picture of a de Sitter universe:
Every freely-falling observer is at the center of a personal de Sitter horizon. The de Sitter horizon cannot be approached, so the associated radiation must fill that oberver's entire universe.

I can't visualize de Sitter radiation being generated "at the de Sitter horizon" in the same way that Hawking radiation is generated at a black hole event horizon. If I understand the experts correctly, the "observer-dependent status" of the de Sitter horizon means it is not an "event horizon", and de Sitter radiation is not Hawking radiation. Maybe we can avoid worrying about virtual particle pairs at the de Sitter horizon.

Any ideas?

B. Howard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins