Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Unwritten Assumption.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on April 26, 2003 20:59:59 UTC

I agree with you an would even go farther.

The unwritten assumption is:
“Forces must conform to the theories I am aware of to exit.”

I have noticed the following:

Each generation looks at the previous generation and considers them deluded due to the minimal knowledge they had....

And at the same time considers themselves as having attained all knowledge except for a few minor details...

Even though they will soon be considered the "previous deluded generation” themselves.

So let us review the trend.

1. The force of Gravity

2. The force of charge

3. The strong force

Here are two possible responses.

4a.
Why should I not expect there to be another force?
“Because forces must conform to the theories I am aware of to exit.”
Therefore even at infinite mass density, I will not expect an unknown force to exist.

Conclusion:
Black holes must exist and can not be escaped.

4b.
I found three properties which cause forces and each one is stronger then the previous one as I observe matter of smaller and smaller sizes.
I expect forces due to different properties may have similar qualities even if I am not able to verify them.

Conclusion:
As I contemplate particles which are smaller then I have been able to examine I expect there will be a forth force stronger then the last three.
Charge forces can be reversed, and I do not understand what causes reversal.
I should not expect that gravity is not reversible.

Food for thought?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins