Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Inertia Is The Attraction Of A Mass To Its Own Gravity Field.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on April 24, 2003 22:49:01 UTC

You said:
"heh heh, i don't think you mean the only measurable result that we can achieve which is that objects regardless of weight fall at the same rate in the neighborhood of a massive object."

The equations I developed can be repeated for 3, 4, ....etc. objects with similar results.
Each equation will contain a summation of all masses with a factor related to the angles between them.

For your idea to be correct some of the individual masses must drop from the equations during the derivation of a composite acceleration.

I would be interested in seeing that result if you are able to achieve it. One or more of the mass variables may vanish if a specific mass distribution is used.

You said:
"The introduction of other mass objects doesn't confuse the issue. it clarifies it.
how else would you explain inertia?"

Inertia is the attraction of a mass to its own gravitational field.

Inertia is a function of the mass of an object, the mass of the universe, and a masses acceleration with respect to a previous velocity.
( Please note that I included the mass of the universe in that definition.)

I do not see why inertia would cause me to question the acceleration equation I derived.

May all your trajectories be true.
( This is in reference to your basketball game. )

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins