Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Those Other Massive Objects "out There"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on April 24, 2003 19:44:18 UTC

permitt a small quote sir:
"The other objects in the universe will be pulling in random directions and will not consistently change the results in one direction.
The introduction of other mass objects may confuse the issue but it does not change the result."

heh heh, i don't think you mean the only measurable result that we can achieve which is that objects regardless of weight fall at the same rate in the neighborhood of a massive object.
perhaps the other objects in the universe will be pulling in random directions (we don't really know). what will under those conditions consistently change the results is the difference in mass of the objects in question which will each have a different affinity with respect to those supposedly random massive objects out there.
The introduction of other mass objects doesn't confuse the issue. it clarifies it.
how else would you explain inertia?

tim

ps i'll review your equation, after i play a little basketball. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins