Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Universe Expanding Or Galaxy Shriniking?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Duane Eddy on April 1, 2003 02:15:09 UTC

I have pondered the universal expansion theory and it would seem more likely to me that we are shrinking then that the entire universe is expanding.

The human bent is to view yourself, your continent, your planet and your galaxy as the perspective to judge all viewed objects.

History tells us that the prevailing theory of the structure of the solar system in our past had the earth at the center of the solar system and all the planets ( and the sun ) revolved around us.

It is interesting that in the same way we are assuming that we are the standard to judge all distant galaxies.

We are staying the same size and all viewed objects are expanding.

From a logical perspective we should consider that it may possibly be that the universe is the normal one after all and we are the ones who are changing.

A small reduction in our size would make the universe seem to be enlarging. An enlarging black hole a the center of the galaxy could cause a slight decrease in the density of space in our galaxy.

It would be interesting to know what reduction in space density would be required to create the appearance that the universe is expanding at the rate observed?

What do you think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins