Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Does Stand Up.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Luton on February 1, 2003 05:35:09 UTC

Yanniru,

The acceleration due to gravity is an accelearation of the volumes occupied by the masses and is dependent on the distances between the masses. Where is the contradiction? I do not see it.

Are you trying to get me to prove that gravitational mass and inertial mass are the same thing? I can not do that. And I do not know of anyone who can. Do you?

I used the unit "mass" because that is what the evaluation called for. I also proved that the "mass" in the evaluation is actually a measure of volume. The formula shows that gravity is proportional to the distance between the center points of the "masses". Any values given to the "masses" obviously reflect the volumes thereof.

There is nothing contradictory about my explanation. It is a very different view of natural phenomena and it is not easily grasped, especially by a mind that has been trained to think otherwise.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins