Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And FYI -

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris on January 27, 2003 09:09:19 UTC

Chris D.,

I happen to be a student recieving a Structural Engineering degree and I've already earned a masters degree in Architecture. Having both an extremely strong classical academic background from my Architecture schooling and a very strong scientific background, I tend to be very judgemental on smart people who just don't try hard enough. If you have a good brain, use the whole thing. Don't think up a great idea and then present it like Language Removed. Some of the best ideas in the whole world have been MAJOR flops because some smart guy did something stupid (take the Sony BetaMax player for example. Sony didn't license their superior technology, so people went for the inferior VHS because JVC was smart enough to think through everything). Lazyness is a major pet pieve of mine, and I feel it is up to everyone to always try their best. I may have come accross as an Language Removed, but my intentions were good, and I feel that whether you like my approach or not, it's always a good lesson to learn: Don't stop trying until what you do well now is better than the best you did yesterday.

I hope this clears some things up -
~Chris...Chris S., that is...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins