Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Neat!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on November 29, 2002 23:12:01 UTC

Duane wrote (in part):
"...I believe this web site and sites like it are the inception of a new arena of theory formation and discussion."

I certainly agree. I found university to be
in adequate for discussing things, some forums
such as bio.net were adopted by universities
and last I checkes, only allow univesity types (and inexplicably, ad spammers), not "lay persons," to post to their archives.

Duane wrote (in part):
Of course like all new industries, only a few sites will survive. Rules of conduct must be developed which will allow free transfer of thought while minimizing unproductive emotional venting.

I think most of those rules must be internalized
for it will be inefficient to referee unless the referee is dedicated to the science of communication protocol itself and can instruct
AS WE GO. For you are surely recognizing that
this is a very valuable area. And anything that
valuable is likely to be fairly technical.
I think the discussion of those interplays might have their own forum at a site. One thing that
cannot be solved is when one of the posters relies
on the "argument from authority," which as Galileo said,"Is the weakest." Nicholas and Bruce might be among the most promising of a new
generation of cosmological thinkers **** except for the fact that both are contemptuous of conversing with lay persons --

" The sites which compose the most efficient rules will produce the most successful product ( theories) . The site which produces the most successful product will be the most coveted site to propose new ideas. "

Anything that works that well will, before long, be politicized and quasi-ruined in a cycle.
It appears to me that real thought and real thinkers nearly always have to "move on" after the aura their conversations created attracts all the "wanna-be" crowd. This is not bad. The wanna-be crowd is a new part of the super-organism which will itself create a supporting cultural foundation elevating us all, unless things go wrong.

"A tree structure of knowledge should develop which would address all issues addressing a topic with facts and logical discussions for each idea. Branch topics would then propagate from each heading."

A tree structure is useful for indexing but the phenomena the files describe are not usually
organized that way themselves. A file system which approximates the file system of the actual
phenomenon helps the learners learn that much faster. This information is more valuable than most classified information.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins