Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Trollery By Ruquist...who Claimed To Be Ascientist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 23, 2002 18:47:08 UTC

Ruquist wrote:
"Proof Is Not Necessary What counts is what we all think about you and there is amble evidence that as long as you continue to insult each of us, we all think less of you. Why do you need to be insulting. You can get all your points across with politeness."

You don't answer most of my posts with much substance, and that is not an insult. I am merely
reporting the evidence fairly which is freely available in the archives. Instead, you and
Harv/Nicholas especially have beaten a steady drum of character assault toward me.

Now you are saying it is "polite" to convict someone without proof. You are saying the
process of science is informal, motive-driven social consensus.

"What counts is what we all think" is what sent
Lavoisier to the guillotine, Bruno to the stake,
and Galileo into silence. Aristotle's ideas, such as that women have fewer teeth than men, stood for centuries with your way of thinking.
Voltaire fought against your kind of consensus.
The Declaration of Independence was written about
the spirit found in your inner circle's excessive self-satisfaction.
Fortunately, we set up a better system, the
modern system, for detecting flimflammery and making things more honest. Why not take advantage of the invitation to more formal processes rather this group's cozy consensus, which is not science?

You had said you were a lifelong democrat, but with your ethics, you sound like an executive from Enron before the fall.

Or a scientist before Galileo et al.
http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/24771.shtml

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins