Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bruce...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 20, 2002 10:21:12 UTC

The God-Wall that Theoretical Physicists have erected around their esoterism is crumbling, just like the one doctors used to have, and that lawyers had.

I've been put down by some world class buffoons in the past. I'll say this in your favour; you're not world class.

As to God, most religions prefer a comfortable dichtomy. They're terrified of the Great One, so they divide it into a Bad guy and a Good Guy. That way they can thank the Good Guy for anything like getting out of a traffic ticket, and safely curse out the Bad Guy for anything wrong that they do, while blithely ignoring the obvious "paradox".

I take full responsibility for my words and actions. I think my theories are correct.

You do not see any metaphysics from me like you do for instance, from some of Hawking's suggestions,ie: the "Weak Anthropic Principle", and the "Strong Anthropic principle".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins