Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"low Interaction Cross Section"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 20, 2002 09:55:13 UTC

What is THAT?

"Most current theories"...?

Straight sections in curves is what I'm hearing from you.

Let me tell you about Wheeler. He starts off by assuming lines of longitude to be parallel at the equator.

Now if one were really, really desperate for non-Euclidean geometry to be true, one might say that the lines of longitude pass through a point of parallelism at the equator. But it is eyewash like so much in conventional physics.

POINTS CANNOT BE FRIGGIN PARALLEL!!!!

Got it? Check with your first year geometry teacher for a definition of a tangential line passing through a point on a circle.

Then look at one of those lines of longitude from the side. They really are curved, with no flat spots;- not even really, really little ones.

Or if you insist on being out in left field, read Wheeler's "Physicist's Bedside Companion", if you're too disturbed to sleep. It's also known as "A Journey Into Gravity and Spacetime". It puts me to sleep.

Tell your myopia problems to an eye doctor, not me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins