Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Curious

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 19, 2002 20:57:42 UTC

"My only concern is that I do not have the intelligence to give the closed galaxy idea an
even comparison."

That's what I've been trying to tell you. You act as if you expect to be on even ground with everybody else. This is just not the case. It requires years and years of hard work to gain anywhere near a full understanding of physics. Not everything in life is like a democracy, you don't get to "vote" on physics.

"I noticed that you did not base your opinion on the logical aspects of each theory comparing them, but instead referred to the solutions others have come to."

You noticed wrong. I already refuted several aspects of your theory. I gave your theory a fair chance and, not suprisingly, it failed. I tried to explain to you why it's unlikely that you'll be able to come up with a theory that will refute 100 years of work by literally hundreds of thousands of physicists. I don't understand why you would expect to be able to do something like this. Einstein was a trained physicist and he extended physics to encompass new things. He was not an amateur that refuted all past physics.

You need to learn your boundaries. Focus on something that you know about and have been trained in. Don't expect everybody to stop their work just because you have a wild idea about something that you are not familiar with.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins