Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Did...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 17, 2002 18:11:08 UTC

Henry Ford, Charles Goodyear and Guglielmo Marconi. Marconi was subjected to psychological evaluation. Ford was threatened with it, if he didn't stop trying to do something significant. Goodyear was considered a nut, and died a pauper after the airholes stole his invention of rubber. Ralph Alpher did the original retro-calculation for the Big Bang, and had that stolen from him. Einstein was ridiculed, Jesus crucified.

I pick my heros carefully, and guess what? You didn't make the cut. But don't feel bad; neither did Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Hussein or Manson, and look how famous they are.

So here's another shot: I suspect a traveling fisherman from the Andromeda galaxy M31 came to Earth a long time ago with a bucket of live bait. When the bait didn't catch anything, he just dumped the live bait out of the bucket, and went back home. And here you are many generations later: just a now-indigenous alien, when you style yourself more like an exotic species.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins