Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And You Guys Call Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 15, 2002 22:43:40 UTC

a crackpot.

The MM Exp invalidation proof is on my website, and includes drawings and math.

My understanding is that the universe is thought to be about 15 billion years old, and that there was a bit of a problem with the oldest stars being "calculated" as older than the universe "calculation". This was certainly acceptable, having had practice with relativity's paradoxes.

My understanding is that the universe is thought to be roughly 15-B years old, and ~15-B lightyears from here to the Rim, in any direction.

Anthropocentrism raises its ugly head again.

But here's the really funny thing. When Hawking used the Hubble Deep Field photo in his The Illustrated A Brief History of Time, you could see him juggling the relationships so the distance to the farthest galaxies wouldn't fall off the "calculated" edge.

"The present location of the origin of the CMBR is 15-B light years in all directions." Does this mean you believe in anthropocentrism? Let the record show that I do not.

Is the CMBR light then about to go out any time now? Jeez, lucky us, we caught it just in time to "prove" Inflation.

YOU say the universe is infinite, not Hawking. There are various estimates about the age of the light in the Hubble DF photo.

Hawking Quote: "These observations have confirmed many of Professor Hawking's theoretical predictions in the first edition of his book, including the recent discoveries of COBE, which probed back in time to within 300,000 years of the universe's beginning and revealed wrinkles in the fabric of spacetime that he had projected." (Inside fly of TIABHOT.)

But another bug in the program: The CMBR point of origin is out at ~15-B light years? And the universe is infinite? But my understanding is that your spacetime is expanding coincident with the expansion.

Does this mean that the CMBR does not exist way out there at the Rim galaxies? Doesn't matter right? There being no observer to observe out there, the CMBR only exists right here in our radio telscopes anyway? Then maybe we just invented it with our awareness. Or maybe they're getting ours now. I wonder what they think of one-sided CMBR?

Hey!!! Maybe THAT's the Mysterious Fifth Force that's Accelerating Expansion!!! Quintessence!!! Naw, can't be. Someone would have discovered it to have arisen from relativity's equations by now. Boy...my heart leaped there for a minute.

I'm going to watch the Simpsons. I hear Hawking's on the rerun tonight.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins