Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think I Figured You Out

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 14, 2002 15:24:47 UTC

Why do you talk so much about LC circuits when your original claim was that RC circuits can be 2nd order?

I think what you are doing is changing the subject rather than admitting to a mistaken belief.

Your original claim is that if you tie a bunch of capicators together and allow them to discharge, the first will obey a 1st order curve, but every other one will be 2nd order.

That is obviously incorrect.

But your response to my first response was that current and charge on a capacitor are 90 degrees out of phase. I should have realized the basis of your thinking at that time. You are thinking in terms of alternating currents. That is the only case in which something can be out of phase.

But your original claim is not an ac problem. It is a decay problem, as your stated. You even used the temperature gradient of a cooled body of water as an analogous case. Obviously no ac there.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins