Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have Invalidated The Michelson Morley Experiment Of 1887

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 14, 2002 15:02:05 UTC

I have invalidated the Michelson Morley experiment of 1887-ray

I missed your proof. Could you repeat it for me please?-yanniru

(CMBR) would have long ago exited our area, and certainly would not be coming at us.-ray

That is simply because the CMBR that is coming at us now is 15 billion years old, and originated billions of light years away from us.

You might respond that the big bang originated at a point. Nobody knows if this is true or not. But even if it did, then subsequently inflation from that point produced a universe that is larger than we can now or ever see.

The present location of origin of the CMBR we detect now is 15 billion light years from us in all directions.

Nobody can measure the size of the universe. It may be infinite for all we know. What we do know is that the edge of the universe, if there is one, is beyond what we can now see or could ever see. So any effects propagating at the speed of light from that edge could never reach us. Wouldn't that alone negate your hypothesis?

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins