Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think We Are In Agreement.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on November 14, 2002 00:49:54 UTC

I must apologize for not including the background radiation in the discussion.

Your comments are describing the condition in an open multi-galaxy model in which case I agree with you. The background radiation is commonly considered as the residue of the original Big Bang shifted into the microwave spectrum due to gravity. The closed galaxy model is almost identical.

The only difference in the two models is...

The open galaxy model would not have an identifiable back ground radiation source.

While...

The closed galaxy model would be receiving back ground radiation from the oldest reflected images returning from every region of space.
At some point shortly after the Big Bang the galaxy expansion would reduce the mass density to the point that light spectrum shifts due to gravity would be reduced.
At this point in the expansion the spectrum shift into the microwave region would cease and there would be a light image emitted which would orbit in a closed galaxy.
A quasar displays all the properties I would expect from this image.

Are we in agreement?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins