Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Astronomical Bits...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 13, 2002 22:29:18 UTC

"I say that the spiral shape is maintained because of a constant-flow circuit of material out the jets of the central black hole, across the galaxy, in at the rim, and back toward the galactic core for recycling."

Jets are only seen in a small fraction of galaxies, they're not even seen in all quasars.. If they were more numerous, we would definitely see them. Furthermore, there is no known physical mechanism that will quickly transport that much material from the disk back to the center. Something must take away its angular momentum.

"And I say the universe is in a stable in-spiral orbit about its own center of mass in exactly the same way. "

At what velocity? We should observe this.

"The Galaxy Distribution Charts should by now be giving us a good idea, and maybe even an exact idea. But i'm sure it would not be disclosed yet,
because the general public is "not ready for such shocks".
Prediction: The Galaxy Distribution Charts will show the universe center. "

Being part of the astronomy community, I do know something about galaxy distribution. Spatially, galaxies tend to be distributed along filaments, forming a sort of web throughout the universe. There are nodes on the filaments that represents galaxy clusters. Locally, galaxies are seen to be moving towards the Virgo Cluster. This is kind of the local epicenter of gravity. More distant galaxies are seen to be moving towards different centers. As far as we can tell, galaxies are distributed roughly evenly in all directions (i.e. there is no preferred direction), implying that there is no center that we can see.

Of course, if, as you say, the redshifts are wrongly interpreted as cosmological, then there is no way for us to map a large fraction of the universe because it would be too far for other distance determination methods (like SNIa). Thus, in your picture, we would not currently be able to find the center. Surely you were aware of this...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins