Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Regret...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 13, 2002 20:15:08 UTC

even attempting to get you to converse rationally.

I accede to your demands, with gratitude. I no longer feel morally bound to respect your opinions.

Please Sir, my next statement is just that, and not an attempt to twist anything you have said.

All of the tuned parallel LC circuits I have ever seen put out a perfect sine wave, not a 2nd Order curve. On resonance to the input signal, they exhibit maximum input impedance, to the point of acting like an open circuit. Off resonance, they shift the I and E relationship to lead/lag, according to amount and direction off-resonance. But a sine wave input is a sine wave output. If a spike is fed to the input of a quiescent tank circuit, the circuit will ring and produce a perfect amplitude-decaying sine wave on the output, with I and E in phase..

The out of tune series ~resonant circuits transmit input signals with E and I shifted out-of-phase according to the off-resonance amount and direction. On resonance with the input signal, the series resonant circuit acts as a minimum impedance, almost as a short. An input spike causes it to ring.

A square wave impressed upon the input to an RL circuit, or an RC will arrive either integrated or differentiated at the output, depending upon series or parallel arrangement.

A differentiated signal applied to a following identical circuit will indeed result in a 2nd Order output.

I have seen in some professionally written books that alternate universes may have different laws of physics. So I can see room for legitimate disagreement there.

I presume your threat was a bit of an attempt at levity. Put my remarks in whatever category you put yours. But I have stored a hardcopy of it in a secret place anyway.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins