Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Like I Say About Math...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 12, 2002 14:59:49 UTC

It's use is mandatory. Its intentional abuse is criminal fraud.

Physics math is no different than stock market, banking, economics, or real estate math. It is absolutely necessary, but still subject to both serious error and dishonesty.

Math is not a crystal ball. It does not "see all, know all". More properly, it is used in discovery-physics in an iteration attitude. There are too many unknowns and unforseeables.

Very often, the simple exercise of looking at the mechanics discloses both the correct and the erroneous.

When either the math or the mechanics indicates absurdities, it is time for further research, not acceptance of impossibilities.

To spend time on an absurdity like "I never lie", is not an excercise in logically proving the existence of paradoxes. It is purely and simply a conceptual impossibility, that cannot exist. It is a nonsensical contradiction. The two sides of it are mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately, illegitimate math "proves" such nonsensical contradictions sometimes. And people like me do not have the math power or political power to refute such paradoxes" etc. of the experts, in a fair public forum.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins