Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Math, I Have Repeatedly Said...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 10, 2002 12:48:08 UTC

math is a critical component of all technological advancement. I say that Theoretical Physics has also severely abused it.

It goes this way: Galileo said that if a ship is passing a dock, it makes no difference if it is thought of as the ship passing with the dock the Rest Frame Reference, or if the ship is the RFR and the dock is passing. I agree with that. That is legitimate Relativity.

Mathbabble says this: If a car traveling at 100-kph strikes an elephant, it makes no difference if we use the elephant as the RFR, or if we use the car as the RFR, and consider the elephant to be doing 100-kph. And this is correct as far as the energy release at impact.

But Relativity states that if this is the case, then we can also use a "transform", and transfer all attributes across the equation. This is where math becomes disembodied and ignores the mechanical realities.

Einstein effectively decided that the elephant is capable of accelerating itself up to 100-kph!! Lorentz and Einstein completely illegitimately transferred properties of waves to length of bodies of matter, time and space. Gauss/Riemann/Wheeler did the same thing to curve empty space.

They and you are the crackpots, if you think this equates to reality.

The empirical evidence, and even Einstein's predictions, have been misinterpreted.

My theory is correct, AS PER EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE THAT HAS ARISEN AFTER MY PUBLICATION, if you're using that system. Or do you prefer a double standard?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins