Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Future Is Predictable If Lorentz Invariant

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 8, 2002 14:35:43 UTC

This is a corrolory to the Carlip discussion.

It follows that if Lorentz invariance holds, then the future may be predictable, just as the classical theorists thought. But there are regions where Lorentz invariance does NOT hold, like inside a quantun coherent medium, like any particle of nature, be it photon or gravitron or electron/positron entangled pair. As Hoyle suggested and Nara...(SP?) proved, creation of matter and energy can occur in regions that are not Lorentz invariant.

Penrose argues that consciousness requires such a region. I suggest that free will must arise from such a region. And I have further suggested
that dark matter and particularly our mental reflection in its quantum coherent axion fluid, is such a region. It is among other processes inherent to nature, that our free will prevents the prediction of the future with certainty, thusly limiting the power of god, or gods, assuming they exist.

Most of the matter of the universe is Lorentz variant, assuming axions constitute most of dark matter, suggesting that there may be pockets of matter creation within dark matter. Except for the expansion of the universe from dark energy, I would expect an equal amount of matter creation and destruction, just as physicists predict for the virtual particles of the vacuum. Perhaps all this creation and destruction is generating the extra dark energy that is making the universe expand at an accelerated pace (acceleration indicates an extra force of expansion).

Anyway this recent discussion of the speed of gravity has been extremely rewarding for me, personally. Besides wanting to express my thanks to Bruce for his indulgence of my ignorance, I wish to point out the value of this forum to any of us, if we merely treat each other with tolerance and reasonable respect.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins