Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Statement Was Conditional Upon His, Didn't Ya Notice

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 18, 2002 16:39:09 UTC

Ruquist wrote:
"Who the heck do you think you are to make such decisions???"

Thanks for the opportunity to dumb this down further. I realize you must have understood it
privately already.

I said, don't post at this forum THEN

as in..... IF:THEN

Anonymous "Bruce" provided the first part.
He made an unreasonable request. He said I should not respond to any of his posts.

I made a reasonable response.
I also elaborated on my reasons for saying that, in answer to the question you just asked, but I'm glad you sensed it needed to be dumbed down even more.

I responded,"Don't post at this forum THEN"
(capitals added )
I notice Bruce is not complaining about my reply yet...unless YOU have been Bruce all along, misrepresenting yourself.
If he does complain, at least he should show evidence of having read my replies.
I don't even have to stand beside this position.
It is standard logical protocol:
If the webmaster wants to block me or you or Bruce from the site, he could, could he not?
Alternately, if he wants to resolve this for you by composing a consistent policy, he could easily do that, too.
I have commented on standard protocol.
And the webmaster could even choose a policy we might think is inconsistent, since the website is a labor of love. (All's fair?)
You should realize by now that I am not trying to
rain on your parade...They used to say "Give 'em hell, Harry," and Harry replied,"I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." Well, I try to spare you from the full extent.

Mike in Ellensburg

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins