Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reasons Which Bruce Might Respect

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on October 18, 2002 02:43:26 UTC

Bruce wrote:
"Please don't make any replies to anything I post."

I replied,
"Don't post at this forum then."

A decent respect will continue. I offer this explanation.
1) I respect Bruce, though he is anonymous.
2) Anonymous persons should not be allowed to
silence persons who have identified themselves except in cases of immediate public danger.
3) Default protocol is that your demand can only be processed as a request. If the webmaster wants to announce a rule to the contrary, it sets a precedent which clearly leads down a troublesome road. If a person may stipulate on this forum who may NOT reply to their posts, they should have to explain with good
rigor and justice why that is the case.
4) I have no intention of abusing the privilege of responding to your posts. (Btw, when I used *** in the previous posts, I did not have any particular words in mind. And after all, you _had been talking baby talk to me.)
5) You have been very harsh, even rude, to another poster this week on this forum. I recognize the two of you have previously exchanged heat on this forum. You did not order him not to respond. There should be
a consistent standard for disinviting someone to
respond.
6) Many months ago, I asked certain persons not
to respond to my posts -- with spotty success -- so I know the road.
I abandoned shutting them out now since my capacity to respond to their quasi-spams increased somewhat. Your request WILL reduce my willingness to respond to your posts, and
I will not try to rub you wrong any more than you do to me, and maybe less..(though a just God will probably favor some of my rhetoric when it is simply fairer).
7) Spam is a two-way street.
Cordially,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins