Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Can An Universe Be An Atom?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Acsacs on August 4, 2002 16:48:29 UTC

Well i have been curious about it. The idea of proving something in physics is very difficult but if something has not been proven impossible, it may still be possible. Is it possible that a universe is actually an atom? So how do we detect an atom in materials around us? By using a Tunneling Microscope? or etc. So will there such a thing as an atom in an atom and the universe in our atom is like our universe? Possible that it is so extremely small that it is impossible for any to see? If we use a tunneling microscope to detect atoms, imagine you are inside the atom. How do we find out that it is an atom? Reversing the process of what a microscope does or?
If in this case, will there be a big versus a bigger? For example, you are INferior to the atom but if we are actually also in an atom, the BIGGER objects outside would not think we are anything at all but just an atom itself. They would not think that they are Big as they have a common in themselves. Will my thinking that there must be something outside of something apply?
For eg. u keep some foods in a fridge and outside the food must be the surrounding house or whatever place it is located at.And outside the house must be the environment and buildings and outside would be the sky and ozone layer and then to the space and then galaxy and universe and so on. Is it a definite there must be a continuation outside?
Then for this case, may we assume that we are god to our atoms and in other case our gods are those outside the universe?

*Note Sorry to offend any religion believers here but i am just taking it for example.

acs hongkong

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins