Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Evolution's Ramifications R Personal So Bluntness Must B Truth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on May 15, 2002 23:44:01 UTC

Yanniru,
You've said some wonderfully engaging and humanitarian, artful things about evolution
and also the whole list has me cringing
and my skin crawling with dread and anxious mourning with those ideas which though insightful will contribute to failing to create our mutual survival
I am sensitive to broadbrush ideas which will hastily lead to ruin by neglect of
ideas and communities .
People aren't only right or wrong... like molecules of chemistry, they are under assembly ...and each step of chemical assembly determines what kind of phenomena happens.
Take a chemical. Add another and it fizzes, or is drinkable, poisonous and/or inert...
Add another and it fizzes, becomes drinkable, poisonous and/or inert...

If you teach evolution one way,
you might turn an innocent into a dangerous consumer.
If you teach evolution other ways,
you might turn either an innocent or a dangerous consumer into either a skewed "survival of the fittest" warrior
OR an enlightened design-team-member for a wonderful future.

Since I posted extensively on evolution and received very little response, I now read evidence that most of
the thoughts I posted have not been read or comprehended ...
yet, I am quite secure in the high percentage of those warnings, cautions and prescriptions being deeply borne out by a high understanding of present future events as they unfold...

We can fail to heed the true math
(mental, spersonal, social and material)
of our situations and then those who survive might be the worst ignorers of all...they might destroy those who WOULD HAVE SUCCESSFULLY contributed designs enhancing sustainability, beauty and love-acquirement on the widest possible scales.
Good ideas are not enough. We need to use our time as well as possible and choose our comments excellently. I'll try if you will...if you'll try even if I won't !
Or sompin'
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins