Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Blackhole Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ryan Cote on March 22, 2002 03:09:56 UTC

For every number that exsists an opposite number. 4 is opposite to 1/4. We are told this exsists for all numbers except 0. Now everything in space has a pair wether is be Newtons third law, for every action there is and equal and opposite reaction, or wether its matter and anti-matter.
They say you cannot divide by 0 but i would say you can but the human mind cannot fully comprehend the answer, Infinity. We think we understand it but i don't think we do. Just as the childs arguement, infinity plus 1 we know this doesn't make sense and is not the true meaning of infinity, but we still think of infinity this way.
If you take a normal xy plane and divide it with an infinite number of lines with an infinite number of slopes How many regions will you have?

One could argue that you have an infinte number of regions while someone else could argue that because each region would only be as big as a single point you have 0 regions. They would both be correct.

Therefor Infinity = 0

Tell me what you think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins