Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So, What's The Opinion Of Gravastars?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Joe Antognini on March 14, 2002 06:01:09 UTC

I have heard quite a bit about these interesting bodies. I was wondering what people here think of them. There are some very intelligent people here, and this theory could become very big. My opinion? Very well. I consider them to be interesting bodies. It is hard to deny the existance of black holes since I have grown up learning about them and thinking about them. The gravastar theory is quite possible if the collapsing matter is strong enough to take in light when it is at the size of the event horizon. At that point, space might be warped enough for quantum space warps to sort of 'enlarge' so to speak, and create some sort of an exotic 'repulsive' space. This space would have to be on both sides of the gravastar, however. This would 'trap' the gravastar so that it neither collapses nor explodes. Particles falling in would probably be 'reflected' by the outer space rather than the inner space, however. I'm not sure if that changes anything, or is even correct, but it seems logical. Unfortunatly, logic was never the strong point of quantum physics. So, that was my opinion- but I would much rather hear the forum's. So, let's hear it.
P.S. To find out more about them, search for them on google. The top few results are pretty good.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins